Moving Bins Used
With the Cruise Ship Move-In® service, your student's items should be waiting in their room by the time they park the car and arrive at the room. In most cases, 30 minutes or less.
We are the exclusive provider of the university move-in service, Cruise Ship Move-in®. The Cruise Ship Move-in® service by USS earns its name from the experience of taking a cruise and finding that your belongings magically appear in your room shortly after arrival. The original goal of the program was to provide a secure, highly-organized, fully-managed solution that moves volumes of students rapidly and efficiently into their residence halls. Satisfying both the needs of the University and the Residential Life Department while providing students with a positive, comfortable and ultimately more productive initial experience. Our unique service addresses common campus issues including; poor traffic areas, minimal elevator service, poor hall access, construction in the area, and a new hall opening.
We help ease the stress of move-in day for all, in addition to these benefits:
- Creates a powerful first impression
- The ultimate customer service experience
- Incredible value added service
- Excellent traffic solution
- Perfect for new residence hall openings
The USS Cruise Ship Model is a move in process created and developed by USS originally for Arizona State University in 2009. Since then, It has become the standard for large move-in programs across the nation. Join our growing list of clientele and make your move-in extraordinary!
Our move-in services are completely customized to fit your campus, and because the Cruise Ship service may not fit every campus or building, we’ve developed a variety of options.
- Assisted Move-in
- Assisted Plus Move-in
- Express Move-in
- Traffic Management
The USS Move-in programs are managed like a military operation. This entire project takes months of coordination and planning to sync the numerous teams and labor groups to work seamlessly. The end result is an extraordinary welcome to campus for your students and their families, not to mention the stress it takes off of your staff.
Move Out Services
Disembark: The USS logistics professionals plan and execute a timely and organized method to move your student out of the halls. We use our same move-in knowledge to assist and encouage students to move-out on schedule, so you can begin turn.
We offer a variety of Move-Out services:
- Summer Storage: Our proven summer storage program is a huge help to students traveling far. We offer free pick up and delivery and you get 10% of all revenue.
- Ship-To-Home: In conjuction with our summer storage service, students can choose to ship items home. We offer free pick up at the student’s room for the ultimate convenience.
- Turn Assistance: Need some extra help with turn, we can help! We can bring labor and equipment on campus to help you get your buildings turned faster. No job is too big or small.
- Donation Collection: In conjunction with Disembark, we can collect items that students no longer want and deliver them to your selected charity.
Option #1: Speed Packs
Rent the same sustainable, commercial-grade Speed Packs proven to move belongings. You decide the quantity and time length; and we will deliver and pick up. Renting eliminates the hassle of year-round storage and maintenance!
- Made of heavy corrugated cardboard
- Sustainable and commercial grade
- Includes an industrial dolly
- Proven to move belongings
- We deliver and pick-up
- Bin size is: 25x41x29 (dimensions may vary based on geographic location)
USS utilizes these very bins for the Cruise Ship Move-in® services throughout the nation. In addition, we are the largest Speed Pack rental agency in the country.
or just $3.57 per day
- $25/bin per week, minimum. Each additional day beyond the week is $3.57 per day.
- Minimum order is 20 bins
- Bins require assembly, they are delivered in stacks of boxes and dollies (see photo tab)
- Your staff may be required to unload the equipment from the truck
- Bins must be delivered the day before and picked-up the day after you plan to use them
- Payment must be received at the time of order
- August 1st is the deadline to order bins
- Tape is provided to initially assemble the boxes
- Additional pick-ups for lost equipment are not included